Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Moth - Live Storytelling Performances

I found The Moth Podcasts on iTunes a few months ago, and they are great for long road trips. I no longer am in a seat that is slowly trying to eat me, but I find myself on a hot, sandy island off the coast of Africa, or in a gray prison.

For a writer, it is important to listen to stories, especially told directly (or almost directly) from the mouths of others. It not only developes jargon, or the manner in which a person speaks, but also perspective. Who knows? It may even help strengthen your characters.

The stories are anywhere from 10-20 minutes long, but the time passes much quicker. Some are hilarious, others nostalgic. Why don't you find out for yourself?

Click here to go to TheMoth.org

No comments:

Post a Comment